Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday Facts


Friday fact: America has made some really grand and important contributions to the world.

When I was musing earlier this week about the wonders of American junk food it made me remember a list I made while living in Michigan. I know it’s sort of short and all, but honestly, that is not my fault.
America’s greatest contributions to mankind

1.  Barbecue sauce.  This one is pretty self-explanatory. If I could, I would barbecue sauce every meal and my life would be glorious.

2.  Turing right at a red light. The fact that the rest of the world has not embraced this is very baffling. So is the fact that you guys hardly have any roundabouts, but that is besides the point.

3.  Baseball. Sure sure, baseball is a great sport and America’s past time activity and all that, but I’ve yet to completely understand it. The reason it made this list is simple: baseball pants. Not to give you the wrong impression of me or anything, but a baseball player wearing good fitting pants could pitch from my mound any day. (Did this even make sense? Baseball is the game where they pitch right?) I mean, this is a completely legitimate action, and those guys aren’t even wearing the super pants.

4.  Sliced bread. Disclaimer: I’m not 100% sure that America made this, nor do I think it really deserves a place on this list, but I felt the list was a little too short, and the world seems to think that sliced bread is the greatest thing there is. If it was up to me, the expression would read: “The greatest thing since baseball pants”

Do you have any additions to the list? It does need some padding.




 

7 comments :

  1. -Hot wing sauce (Buffalo wings, you know..) but it kinda goes with barbecue sauce..
    -Cheesecake Factory.

    -Annnnd.....nah, I can´t really think of anything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheescake factory!!! Totally deserves to be on the list!

      Delete
  2. http://smurk.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/20121210-215105.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Ben & Jerry's. And Häagen-Dazs. Jack Link's beef jerky! (trying to come up with something not food... Nah)

    ReplyDelete